Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rival Egg Hunts: The Three Hunts of ROBLOXia

Hello everyone! CYNICALCHRIS here, and today, I thought I would write a little post about the upcoming Egg Hunts for 2014. These include my personal Egg Hunt, the official Roblox News egg hunt, and the Official ROBLOX Egg Hunt! Let's begin!




Alright, so let's start out with my Egg Hunt. I'm just going to be going over some of the basics about it. I don't know everything about the other two Egg Hunts.

My egg hunt is called "CYNICALCHRIS's Egg Hunt 2014". I started developing it around the beginning of January 2014. I put it off for a while and started it back up around the middle of March. I'm working with user zerois, and together, we make up the entire team! He handles the majority of the scripting and egg texture-ing, while I worry mostly on building the game. As of this post, we have 18 eggs ready to be put into the game, and we're hoping to start BETA testing soon!

Our map features distinct locations, such as a city, a manor, and a crashed alien spaceship (just to name a few)! It's one of the largest maps I've ever built, and it contains a lot, and I mean a LOT, of trees. You'll need to use your head to hunt down these eggs! I didn't implement the universe feature because, to be honest, I have no idea how it works. I'm going to start looking into all these new features after the hunt is completed.

ROBLOX Egg Hunt 2014 Map - Concept Art
The Official ROBLOX Egg Hunt will MOST LIKELY be called "ROBLOX Egg Hunt 2014" or some other generic name like it always is. We saw a sneak peak during a recent BLOXCast, and we were shown some concept art. Now, I'm almost POSITIVE they'll be using universes this year. If think about it, why would some rabbit-monster-demon-creepy-old-man-from-the-woods hybrid be found in a urban setting?

From the looks of it, the eggs will have interesting designs, unlike what we've seen in the past. Sure, we had the Cataclysmic Egg, and we also had the Army Egg, but there seems to be a "snow globe" egg in this years mix, along with a viking and a hatching-steaming egg! I honestly can't wait for the ROBLOX Egg Hunt. It's my favorite event of the year.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would just like to point out some stuff real quick. On twitter, admin stickmasterluke tweeted a picture of a setting that was a bit mysterious. It depicted a forst with purple/blue fog. (EDIT-this has been confirmed to be 'Beast of the Forest', a game he is working on in his spare time and nothing to do with the hunt). I don't know if that has anything to do with the Egg Hunt, but if so, it looks to be extremely cool. Luke ALSO tweeted another picture that, upon watching the concept art video, almost guarantees this is for the Egg Hunt (EDIT-this has been confirmed to be from the 'Beast of the Forest' due to the name of the model). By the way, Catalog Analyst pbjms posted about the official Egg Hunt and what you can expect. You can find his post here. (pbjms' post was just based on what he found. His post is NOT 100% true (yet)).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, last but CERTAINLY not least, the Roblox News Egg Hunt! You can read all about it so far by following these links:

- Full Coverage: here
- Egg Retexture contest (only until April 6th): here

Reading over the full coverage article, I notice something... The Egg Hunt is back and it's going to be bigger and badder than it ever was before! I honestly can't wait to see the the entire game put together. I'm sure everyone on the RN Egg Hunt team is working real hard so that the entire ROBLOX community can enjoy it!

I personally can't wait until all the Egg Hunts are completed and released to the public. I've seen first hand how excited users are for the hunt! Happy hunting everyone!

Until next time, enjoy yourself!

~CYNICALCHRIS~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you