Wednesday, April 4, 2012

War Blox Review

There are millions of shooting games on ROBLOX. Most of them, if I were to rate them, would score somewhere in the 1-3 out of ten range. Others would actually have maps and maybe a few guns. However, this place is absolutely amazing. I was stunned by it's detail and scripting. The amount of time it must have taken for this game to be finished must have been absurd. The time and effort painstakingly put into each map is amazing. I am truly impressed by this place.
Gameplay 10/10
You start out with a shotgun and a pistol. You get points by killing other players. With those points you can buy other items such as katanas, miniguns, and rocket launchers. You can also buy ammo for these items. There are also different types of matches. There are free for alls, team battles, and capture the flag games. Each one is different and unique.
Effort 10/10
As far as I've seen there are 3 maps in this place. Each one is completely unique in their own way and is beautifully C-Framed. The scripting for each of the guns is amazing. The scripting for everything is amazing. THE ENTIRE PLACE IS AMAZING!!!
Creativity 9/10
Yes, there are a lot of FPS games. I cannot in good conscience give this part a 10/10. However, this game is different from all the others in that it has had a lot of thought and care put into it.
    Overall 9.5/10
Suggestions
  • More maps
  • Add a control point mode
  • Add a minigun that shoots ice cream
    If you want your place reviewed simply contact Banjobug on twitter or send me a private message on ROBLOX. The next post could be about your place! I'll be glad to give you ideas on your place and help make it better. Also, if you find a place that is absolutely awful and on the front page send me a PM and I might make a RANT about it!

    Also, you should
    follow me on twitter even if you don't have a RANT or review request! Sometimes I invite my followers to go to places with me to help review them.

    Place Reviewed: War Blox

    Reviewed by: Banjobug

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a terribly unbalanced game. If you play longer, you just get better and better. My shotgun and pistol do nothing to someone with a bazooka and fully automatic rifle. As good as the levels look, I have to question some of the design choices. Having an open field in the middle of the map is horrible towards new players. The only places I could get any kills were at my spawn, the times I did not get instantly spawnkilled that is. The scripting and diversity of the guns is good, but what is the point if you only are able to use two of them? Let's take a look at the game this was inspired by. Call of Duty. You also earn weapons as you get kills, but you actually have some reasonably good defeault classes to choose from when you start playing. The bad design choices in this game, together with the extremly unbalanced gameplay earns this game 5/10 from me. -Tonitoni

    ReplyDelete

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you