Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Place Review - Simon Says by RobredEyes2

Hello, and welcome to another Place Review by PlusJon! Let's get started!

Today, I went and visited RobredEyes2's suddenly popular game, Simon Says. This game is a great idea, but some things aren't so great. Let's start off with the CON LIST!

For those of you who are new, my CON LIST is a list of the top three things that make it annoying to play.

     1. The UIs are horrible. I can't stand them. Look at the image below and you will see what I mean.

     






     2. This game isn't clear. I hate when people make a game, then don't even explain how to play. Some people don't know how to play Simon Says. The only thing he does to help this is add a place thumbnail. Check below to see it.



        3. This place is a WIPEOUT TRAP!!! I hate the fact that this game doesn't teleport players back, nor teleport them when they lose. You can easily amass 100s of KOs in this place in as little as one hour.


The GOOD!

The Lobby is REALLY nice. I love the use of materials.

Lobby



This game has many different "themes". Each theme has a unique set of "Commands" for Simon to use.

The Cards Theme

There are two kinds of commands.
There are "Simon Says" commands, and then simply "Commands".


The image below is an example of "Commands". 


The image below is an example of a "Simon Says" command.


When players win, there is a nice message announcing all the winners.





Gameplay: I would rate the gameplay a 6/10. If it were not for the WOs, I would make this maybe an 8/10.

Design: I'd give the design a 7/10. Make the UIs better for a higher score.

Scripting: I'm going to give this a 3/10. It's great scripting, but the creator was a little lazy.
Rather than make it teleport players back to the lobby, he added teams and just switched their team and killed them.

OVERALL: 6/10

Nice game!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you