Monday, May 9, 2011

Narhar's Halloween Place Review


You've all heard ofTelamon's haunted mansion place right? It's one of the earliest places on ROBLOX. It's a pretty fun place actually, I recommend you play it. It also hasn't been updated in Four years. That's a pretty long time right? Well anyway, Narhar's Halloween place is basically an updated version of Telamon's Haunted Mansion. It's a very well done remake. You may think "Oh he just added textures to the walls" but that's not all he did. He's completely redone some of the rooms. He's added incredible Cframes, and tons of things that didn't exist four years ago. Let's take a tour of Narhar's place and review it

Effort 10/10
I absolutely LOVE how much he's done in the basement. Downstairs the Cframes are INCREDIBLE. He's added so much stuff to it and I love it. I love his changes and it's incredibly fun! He's updated everything in the map to look newer, and cooler. Everything from adding eyeballs in the lake, to making the scarecrow look more evil, even to the skulls in the fridge! He obviously put a lot of work into this. 10/10 is well deserved.

Creativity 7/10
There is a lot more creativity going on in here than you might think. The points taken off are mainly because there are so many haunted mansion places. The other points are the things he added. I had no idea what to expect when I went into the witches room. Adding eyeballs in the lake was a really creative idea I doubt many have thought of and I love it. Really nice job with the things you added, love it.

Gameplay 8/10
There's so much to explore in this map. There are a few minor things I don't like. The potion in the starter kit will never let me drink it no matter where I am. Also, I think it would be fun if (like the original) you added rockets and bombs and a timed regeneration script. Great map to explore though. I'd like to blow more people up in it.

All in all Narhar's Halloween is an 8.5/10

Suggestions
  • Add weapons
  • Add regen script
  • Get rid of/fix potion
  • Give me some food, I'm hungry right now

If you want your place reviewed simply contact Banjobug on twitter or send me a private message on ROBLOX. The next post could be about your place! I'll be glad to give you ideas on your place and help make it better.

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to be tougher when giving them a fraction on how good it is one of the reviews was about a zombie game I think that needed a lot less on creativty Im not sure on this place because I havent played it yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave that one a 6 out of 10. I give lower scores if you just flat out haven't tried to do anything different.

    ReplyDelete

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you