Sunday, March 3, 2013

Classic Place Review: Zeppelin Battle


Hey, PeerPants here. I planned to write a review a few weeks ago, but something happened  which prevented me from writing anything for a few days, and I have had a few things which have kept me busy, but it's all sorted and I am back now, anyway, here we go, and sorry for the delay!




Place Reviewed: Zeppelin Battle
Place Creator: myrkrwarrior
Game Last Updated: 19 hours ago (March 3rd 2012)

Firstly, I am going to talk about what you see when you join the game. When you join, you spawn in a spawn room, and a GUI is displayed on your screen, which has two boxes, asking you if you want to be a pilot, or a crew member. You get different weapons depending on which button you press, and the weapons you get are as follows...




Anyway, onto the spawn room. The spawn room is a basic box with 6 transparent sides, the four walls, the floor and the roof. There are two team-bricks, a bright blue brick for the Air Patrol team and a black brick for the Air Pirates team. There is also a person stood in the middle, who gives information on how to play the game, from flying to destroying, if you ask him.

I decided to join the Air Pirates, as most of the players were on the Air Patrol team. My player was killed, and when I respawned I was placed in the control room of the zeppelin. I spent around an hour playing the game, and I won't bore you with everything that happened, so here are the best (and maybe worst) things about the game.

It is hard, and a bit unclear, how to win.
As you've probably guessed, the aim of the game is to crash the other team's zeppelin, killing as many of their players as you can, and trying as hard as you can to keep your wipeouts at a minimum. When I took a plane to the other zeppelin, I jumped into the control room and sat on the pilot chair. A GUI appeared on my screen after around a second, which you can see in the picture to the right. As you can probably guess, when you have 'Throttle' selected, and you press either 'Climb' or 'Dive', the zeppelin either ascends or descends, depending on your selection. As you can probably guess, when you have 'Throttle' selected, and you press either 'Climb' or 'Dive', the zeppelin either ascends or descends, depending on your selection. After a while, I reaslied that you can destroy the other team's zeppelin by selecting the 'Dive' and diving the zeppelin below a certain depth.


The tools given to the player seem to do what they should.
Earlier in the review, I showed the tools that the player is given when they select if they want to be either a 'Pilot' or 'Crew'. I tested every single weapon, and they all work fine. The parachute is good, obviously, for bailing out of your plane above the enemy zeppelin and surprising them from above. 



The game could do with some updates to bring it up to date.
One of the reasons that this game doesn't really get many players any more, around 40 at the most, is that it needs updates to bring it up to date. Before I finish, if you are myrkrwarrior, or someone who wants to make a zeppelin game, here are a few tips to stand out from the crowd.
  • Don't allow unbalanced teams, seriously, it's very annoying when you're up against 9 players.
  • Randomize the player on each team every round, so players can't stick to one team.
  • Make it easier to win, or add a tutorial GUI showing how to win.
  • More weapons / gear, maybe add ranks / levels?

Summary

Gameplay: 7/10
 The game is fun to play, but can get a little frustrating at times when you are outnumbered 9 to 1.
Effort: 7/10
All of the scripting works fine, as far as I can see. There are never any errors, but seeing the creator of the game is still playing, the game could be brought up to date.
Creativity: 9/10
There aren't really any other popular zeppelin games on ROBLOX, so this game is a great idea, and could do really well again, if brought up to date.
Overall: 8/10 

Place Review by PeerPants
Got any places for me to review? Tweet them to me or message me on ROBLOX!

1 comment:

  1. You win by putting your bomb in the cockpit.

    ~BarbaricBrandon~

    ReplyDelete

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you