Monday, June 13, 2011

Nuke the Whales 2 Review


You've probably all played Nuke the Whales right? Well, I know I have. Most of you are probably like "UMG NU WHALEZ ARE PURTY" but hey. It's just a game right?

Right???

Anyway, a fellow recently PMed me and told me he had made a sequel. I was a bit skeptical about it at first but it turned out to be a pretty well done place.

Effort 6.5/10

The creator of this place uses the same script for the falling whales and point system. However he has added some epic music, changed the map entirely, and added some GUIs. (I'll talk more about the GUIs later) He put a decent amount of effort into it.

Creativity 2/10

The game is a direct copy of Telamon's Nuke the Whales game. There's not much else I can say. He added a few extra things to make it different but there's no getting around the fact that he copied it from Telamon.

Gameplay 7/10

The gameplay in this game is pretty much the same as in Telamon's. Shoot the whales, get the blubber, annoy your opponents. However the GUI in this game is very annoying. Basically, a GUI covers the entire left side of the screen. I haven't figured out how to get rid of it (I imagine there IS a way to do so) and it seems to serve no purpose at all. Also, when you blow up whales certain parts of the whale kill you on touch. This is very annoying when you blow up the whale and pieces go flying everywhere and you get hit by one. You could also simply be walking over a piece and you could die.

Overall 5.5/10

Suggestions

  • Change the whale's look or something to make it look more original
  • Get rid of/Fix the GUI
  • Make the whales NOT kill you. Perhaps you could add Sharks that do so instead.
  • Add a plate of magical cookies that give you a crazy awesome rocket


If you want your place reviewed simply contact Banjobug on twitter or send me a private message on ROBLOX. The next post could be about your place! I'll be glad to give you ideas on your place and help make it better.
~Banjobug

2 comments:

  1. Check out a whole blogspot made for just place reviews!!!!
    ROBLOXPR.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally don't like this review.
    Since it IS a SEQUEL, it would be similar to the original copy

    ReplyDelete

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you