Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Place Review - Survival 303 by Davidii2

Hey everyone, PeerPants here. This is my first post for Roblox News, so I hope you enjoy it. I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome, especially the Roblox News staff!


 Survival 303 (DOUBLE EXP)
Place reviewed: Survival 303


Gameplay: 9/10

I visited this place a few years ago, but I never fully got into it, as I didn’t know what to do. I decided to give the game another try a few days ago, and I was not disappointed. When I joined the game, I spawned on an island with a few trees, and bushes. The toolbar came with ‘Forge’ and ‘Craft’ tools. After playing around with the tools, I discovered that I could use items from around the game’s map, like logs and rocks, to make items. The game includes a GUI which shows stats, like Construction and Swimming, and doing more of the activities will make your level go higher. After playing for a couple of hours, and gathering enough materials, I was running a small village on an island, complete with a refinery, huts and even a windmill, so I could make bread with the wheat I had gathered. If building a town doesn’t appeal to you, you can craft your own weapons, and a boat, and sail to other islands, killing the island’s community and stealing/burning their items! Also, you can form a team and invite other players to your team, then assign roles to them. The game also includes a handy private chat feature, where you can make a message only visible to one person, or to your team. The game also keeps track of your hunger and thirst, so if your hunger, or thirst, gets down to 0, you will die.

Creativity: 9/10
I have never seen a survival game with this much effort put in. Yes, the map seems a little outdated, but who cares? It is a classic game, and after being around for so many years, it still gets around 25 thousand visits weekly! I love the fact that there are lots of materials you can use to make different types of vehicles, and war machines like catapults. In addition, when you go in caves, the screen goes really dark, which is realistic, whereas many other ROBLOX games don’t alter the light when you go in caves, or underground. Everything works perfectly, after a lot of playing around with all the GUIs, I found no faults, and there are no major building flaws in the island.

Effort: 10/10

This game has definitely taken its creator, Davidii2, a lot of time to make. The time he spent on the game is definitely worth it. Although some people may say the map more belongs in the ROBLOX past, as the trees are like this. I definitely disagree with this. Adding more items to the game would create lag, something this game is without. I tested this game on most of the computers in my house, and even the worst computer had no problem running the game. The GUIs look like a lot of time and effort have been put into them, as the team function works flawlessly, and the stats GUI never goes wrong.

Overall 9.5/10

1 comment:

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you