Thursday, February 20, 2014

Single Player Games: What's the deal?

Skydiving without any air to fall through, or gravity to propel you.

Lately, I've seen more single player games on Roblox, of which have gained some popularity. The four popular titles I have in mind are Space Fall UniverseDistilledFlow, and my favorite, Tilt. You can see most of these are popular or were/will be, and most are puzzle games.  I myself like the idea of single games, but there is one problem: they are way too hard to make. I talked with the creator of Tilt, and he put it like this: "All physical objects are a descendant of the Client's Camera, placed there by a LocalScript."  So Each player makes his/her own game upon entering. Pretty neat, huh? This is done by every single player game created before last week. This is a huge hole for roblox to fill; I myself love puzzle games and I'm sure it there would be tons more selections with the new player-count feature.


The Pros

You've got awesome gameplay, and the oppurtunity for amazing puzzles from people who don't know very well how to script, breathtaking horror by someone who can put two and two together, and even complex plots by someone who usually writes. There's going to be much better games.


Negatives

The reason ROBLOX never initially put in this feature was so players could chat and talk together in a social enviroment. There isn't anything wrong with single-player games in my mind, but that's probably the one negative I can point out: less human/humanoid interaction (which is why you guys joined ROBLOX in the first place, right?)



I'll let myself out.

-RayMan36

4 comments:

  1. Robloxian 2.0, Beautiful hair for beautiful people and pompous were not disconitinued, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, have you heard about those Sparkle Time Leaks yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At present time, It is a significant and effective website about financial markets. It is very useful for us. So, I loved it. Many, many thanks to you for creating such an informative website. If you would like more information about this please visit stock screener The advantage of these stock screener is they allow for a vast amount of customization by the user. That same advantage can create a disadvantage for some users. Those users may not really know what they are looking for or what data criteria might produce a stock screener of stocks that present the highest possible probability of a successful stock trade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes they were. Were you even around? 'Cus I deffinately remeber being like WTF to ROBLOX when R2.0 was 5 robux!

    ReplyDelete

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you