Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Arb's Hat Reviews: League of the Mintotaur


Browsing the catalog, I noticed this Limited U hat. Immediately this hat struck me with potential, but because 1000 were sold, and others like it had already been made, it flopped after it sold out.

So, lets move on to the actual review, and see why the hat really flopped:





The Mesh 6/10

The first thing that struck me about this hat, is that it reminded me of the original ROBLOX Viking helmet, made over 2 years ago. I just would have thought that 2 years later, a similar sort of hat would look different to it's predecessor. It could differentiate with a more detailed mesh, as I think the horns look rather 2D and possibly add a metal rim. I gave it this score because I've simply seen this before, but don't get wrong, the hat is actually pretty good.

The Colours 7/10

The colours I thought suited the helmet fairly well. Although they were a tad boring, it's probably what a helmet like this would look like, armour years ago was often pretty dull. Maybe more vibrant colours could have been added, or perhaps a metallic effect.

The Texture 8/10


The texture on this hat is actually pretty nice, it looks realistic and represents the fur on the helmet well. Having said that, it could be slightly more detailed, but nothing is perfect and you can improve on anything!

The Creativity 7/10

I thought this hat was fairly creative, as it is the first fur, Viking styled helmet in the catalog. I marked it down only down to the fact that it is extremely similar to two other Viking style hats as already mentioned. To be fair to the hat however, it was probably quite hard to create anything that wasn't similar to the original Viking helmets; there's only so many Viking helmets to do!

So to conclude, not a bad hat, it looks quite nice but is too similar to others for my liking. This and the quantity of this hat doomed it to fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you