Monday, May 28, 2012

Gear Review: The Federal Reserve

Gear Review: The Federal Reserve

       Ulquiorra98 here, with a peek at The Federal Reserve gear from ROBLOX. First of all, I'd like to wish all of you a happy Memorial Day, and I believe that all those at ROBLOX would like to do the same. To express their patriotism, ROBLOX has released quite a few Memorial Day-themed gear items over the weekend, one of them being The Federal Reserve. So, without further ado, let's get to the review! (I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.)

 Abilities/Effects: 8/10

       Most gears act the same for every ROBLOXian-- not this one. This gear's abilities resemble those of the Moneybag, in it can spew out cash everywhere, but differs in that depending on what type of Builder's Club you have, it'll give out different forms of money. Thanks to the help of a few friends (NonstopEpic, shadowchampion, and devilsshadowchampion) I found out that players without any form of Builder's Club (NBC Players) will find that they can shoot out ROBLOXian Tickets, Builder's Club and Turbo Builder's Club players can fire off ROBUX, and Outrageous Builder's Club players can fill the room with gold from their Federal Reserve gear. The fact that it's effects become different for many ROBLOXians is something I find to be really cool.


Appearance: 9/10

        Normally, I'd give a patriotic gear like this full marks in this category, but there's one thing about it that I don't really like. For those of you wondering how this will look on your avatar, it's a bit like a backpack, except with a nozzle draped over the ROBLOXian's shoulder, that shoots out cash. Yeah, I don't think many of you have backpacks with an unlimited amount of money inside... Well, the only thing about this gear that bugs me is that whenever you jump with this gear on, it bends backwards and sticks straight out through your avatar's stomach; it's just one of those things that I find annoying. Other than that, it's got a really nice mesh, and is a great way to show your love for America on ROBLOX this Memorial Day.


Pricing: 9/10

       The price of 250 ROBUX seems just a bit too much for me; if it were at 100, I could see myself buying it, but apparently many feel otherwise, as a whopping 3154 of them have sold already! I suppose the feature of it shooting off different things given your type of Builder's Club might allow it to be somewhere in the 200 ROBUX range, so the price isn't outrageously unbelievable. The gear is also only on sale until tonight in the US (PST), and as the number sold goes up, the clock ticks down, so grab a copy of The Federal Reserve while you still can!



Overall: 8.7/10

       It's a reasonably good gear for a social item with some pretty cool effects. However, be warned, as when you enter a game with this gear, there is a high chance that you'll be pestered with frequent "CAN I HAZ MONY PL0X?" comments from noobs around you.

Happy Memorial Day! -Ulquiorra98

Follow me on twitter: @Ulquiorra98RBLX

     


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, but I did notice a couple of mistakes.

    If there's space for one, I'd really like to be an editor for Roblox News.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are only two editors, those are the most senior positions on the blog.

      Delete

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you