Friday, September 7, 2012

Retexture Review: Chrome Ambassador!

You may be looking at this review and you may be thinking: what is alexkylerock doing? Well, just recently, I got permission from arbirator and he let me review retextures. Now, I'm not just going to review random retextures that kids post on the forums. I will review worth retextures. I will review retextures that the admins think are worthy. I am reviewing the retextures that BrightEyes and Tarabyte take and have not been published. I will tell you why they are great retextures and why they may have been rejected from publishing. Arbirator made it clear that I shouldn't do this frequently, and that I should focus on normal reviews, so if you do like these reviews, please post a comment saying "Arbirator! Let him make more of these!" or "I loved this! Please post more!". But if you don't like these please be honest and post a comment saying "I didn't really enjoy this post, maybe you shouldn't do this anymore." or "This was absolutely horrible. I. Will. Never. Read. Another. Of. Your. Posts." If you post the second one, a little piece of me will die. Haha just kidding. I just want your honest opinion. But let me get to today's review! The Chrome Ambassador!
Now you know what I personally love about retextures? They're absolutely free. You can take one and put it in your game, and wear them in game. Obviously, I won't really be mentioning the mesh in these reviews, but I mention how the mesh compliments the texture or vise versa. I also won't be mentioning value at all. I will, though, still mention outfits, and suggestions.


Texture: 10/10

This texture may look very easy to make, but coming from a real retexturers experience, this texture is a very, very complex retexture. I'm wondering how GeckoGuy456 pulled this off. See how right below the eye, it dips down? That shows great depth and many retexturers don't show depth in their retextures. This retexture shows great depth. See how the light shies right across the cheek up to the top of the head? That shows depth too. It is amazing how he pulled this off. The colors compliment each other extremely well. I honestly love the color of the eye. I would've never thought that the color purple would compliment the skin color, and for some reason, it does. It just does. If you look at the top picture, the texture wraps around the mesh perfectly. If you look at the nose and mouth, it almost looks realistic (if aliens were real). The ONLY reason I thought that this retexture didn't get published is that someone in the ROBLOX HQ probably didn't think that this mesh wouldn't sell well (like if they made it limited, it wouldn't sell). This mesh isn't popular. The texture is perfect though. It deserves a perfect 10/10.


Outfits: 5/10

Now obviously, since it's not published, I can't just go to catalog heaven and search "Chrome Ambassador" and put it on. I put this in my place and took off my hats and put this on. Now, like I said before, this mesh isn't that well known. It doesn't look that appealing either. The texture is amazing, I give it that, but I doubt many people would buy this. I wouldn't, not because of the texture, but because of the way it looks on me. Honestly, I don't think this hat would really go with anything either. What really makes me kinda wanna throw up is the nose placement. It looks like a clowns nose. The head is also really big and pointy, looks like a pinhead. I don't really like this mesh and I don't think it really looks nice. But, because he couldn't do anything about this, I can't deduct too much from it.

Suggestions:

I honestly can't suggest anything to him. This texture is absolutely flawless. If he wanted to get his retextures published, though, he should probably choose a more "appealing" mesh to retexture. Other than that, I can't really suggest anymore.

That is my first retexture review by alexkylerock. Be sure to follow me on twitter!

2 comments:

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you