Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Review: Heli Wars

There's always something special about the first game on Roblox you ever played. I don't know what it is about it but you just respect the place. The first place I ever visited was Heli-Wars. It may have gotten some bad stuff said about it in the past but the game has improved a lot recently.

Gameplay 8/10
The gameplay remains the same as it did in the past. go over to the other side of the map, steal the flag, and bring it back. However, in many of the servers I have played that flags are either not there or broken. I do not know why that is and it may be because of the server I am on but I hope the creator adds  a fix to that in the future. Also, once you get to the other teams spawn you can simply spawnkill them with either the pistol or the ak47. Both of those weapons completely ignore the forcefield and kill the other user very quickly. I suggest making it so the weapons can not spawnkill like that. The best part of the game is when you shoot down an enemy helicopter with a rocket launcher and you watch it explode. I don't know why but I thoroughly enjoy explosions.

Creativity 10/10
From what I know, this game has been around since 08. I don't know if it goes back farther. (If you know when it started please post in the comments) Since it is so old it would be unfair to judge it by today's places seeing as it came before those. I am going to give it a 10 because I do not know what other games were around back then and whether or not this place copied one of them.

Effort 10/10
Many people have accused the creator of Heli-Wars  of using free model Helicopters. I for one do not believe this to be true. I believe that many people copied his helicopters which then caused others to believe that he used free models. The helicopters are great and for that I give him most of the effort. The rest is for the great mounds of earth separating  the two bases. As well as the many ramps you can ride on if you are in a jeep. There are so many vehicles in this game it's incredible
Overall 9.5/10
Suggestions
  • Fix spawnkilling
  • Make explosions more explodey 8D
  • Make a pizza and hide it in a cloud  and make it a badge.
  • Add Cloud Cover for Helicopters. Ex: Heli goes in cloud and people can't see it but can still hit it.

If you want your place reviewed simply contact Banjobug on twitter or send me a private message on ROBLOX. The next post could be about your place! I'll be glad to give you ideas on your place and help make it better.

Also, you should follow me on twitter

even if you don't have a RANT or review request! Sometimes I invite my followers to go to places with me to help review them.


Place Reviewed: Heli-Wars
Reviewed by: Banjobug
Published by: Flingi2

2 comments:

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you