Monday, December 19, 2011

Community Article: DMScape Place Review




The place thumbnail appears to be some boss-entity? I don't think it's in the real game, seeing as it has no health.




Upon entering the game, I was given 10 gold, a knife, and a ranged staff. I started at level 3. There are several GUI buttons in the game, which are as follows: Save, Load, Health/Player/Walkspeed, Armours, Reset, and Fix Camera. To the left of the spawn there is a quest NPC, and to the further northwest there is a sword merchant. Behind you is a mage merchant and to the right is the first battle area. To the left there is a boss battle teleport.To the right of the battle area there is an ice bridge of some sort. Around the city are Thieves, the weakest enemy in the game.

After exploring the spawn area, I went to the sword merchant. Obviously, I couldn't buy anything with ten gold. I went to the battle area and got to work with the ranged staff. The Knights do not move if you attack from a distance; therefore it should be fairly simple to farm for EXP when you're starting. Once I became familiar with the combat tools, I went to the quest NPC. Your first quest requests you to kill the Troll Overlord, and in return you get the Forest Edge. I walked over to the area where the NPC told me the Overlord was located, and I died almost instantly. Protecting it are 2 Arachnids and a Troll Warrior; the Arachnids level 10 and the warrior level 70. I spawned again and tried to attack them from a distance, and it took me a while to defeat the warrior to get past. I snuck past another Warrior and reached a huge boss named the Almighty Troll Warlord, which did not match the name the NPC gave me. I stood back, and I started at it with my mage staff, dealing 5 damage each hit. After I got frustrated and bored with it, I took out my knife and started at it. It basically stepped on me and I died. When I spawned again I crossed the ice bridge to the left of the spawn. I defeated one of the Fire Knights and gained 6 more levels and about 300 gold. I went back to the spawn area and defeated some thieves that I had not noticed before. I leveled up 3 more levels from defeating them for a total of 10 levels. I used the gold I earned to buy the Destructias Staff. Its appearance is just a larger version of the starter staff, but its projectiles shoot very slowly while doing a lot of damage on hit.

This game follows the same concept of most RPG games on ROBLOX. The game is mostly based on farming for EXP and buying items. Many of the upgraded swords are bigger meshes of other swords in the game. You cannot get very far at all with the starting weapons, unless you have a group of 5 ganging up on everything that moves. The bosses are way too overpowered to beat alone. The stronger weapons are overpriced, thus you must farm for EXP and money to get anywhere in the game. I myself don't think the game is very fun, but apparently everyone loves RPGs. I applaud the creator for his effort.

Overall:

Lag:

Scripting: 4/10
Very little scripting in the game.

GUI’s: 8/10
The GUI's are standard for most RPG games.

Problems:9/10
There were no problems I experienced.

Originality:3/10
It's not very original, in contrast with other RPG games on ROBLOX. The characters look very similar to the Tale of Range's Cape by RangeMeludE.

Overall Enjoyment: 5/10
I didn't like it but a lot of people do.

Player Reviews: ?/10
The comments have been removed, so I couldn't read any. I am not sure of the reason behind this.

Community Article provided by Explosion101!


1 comment:

  1. Once again, thanks Arbirator!
    I seeemed to have left the Lag rating blank. Whoops. D:

    ReplyDelete

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you