Friday, December 16, 2011

Interview with MasterDaniel: Creator of Bus Driver City

I'm going to start interviewing the owners of the places that I review, maybe an interview once every 2 weeks or more. I caught up with MasterDaniel the creator of the place I reviewed called "Bus Driver City", I decided to interview him. So, he took time off of his busy schedule to do this interview.

Q: What inspired you to create your place?

A: I believe I was looking for some good bus sims, I tried many free online ones but most failed. I tried Bus Driver Gold and liked it, but I wanted to control things within it. That is when I created it on ROBLOX.

Q: How did you get your place popular?

A: By accident I suppose. In the first few weeks of making it, I knew I was on to a winner. I got around 400 visits in a month. I was totally shocked. After it got to the front page for the first time it shot up to 100,000 visits, and ever since there's been a constant stream of 3,000 visits a week. Getting updates out is key to making any place popular. Each of the 3 major updates I have released has made the game shoot to the front page

Q: How did you find ROBLOX?

A: I wanted to find a game where you could make games. I just searched something along those lines and found ROBLOX.

Q: Can you script?

A: I can, but I am not very advanced. A lot of the scripting in my game is by some friends. I have created a lot of stuff also.

Q: How has your place changed your ROBLOX experience?

A: Its changed it quite dramatically. I was just a nobody before this year but thats changed and now I am recognized quite a lot. I get about 20 PMs a day (so not too bad) However, I still enjoy playing games and me being "famous" (Not a word I would generally use to describe myself) does not get in the way of that.

Q: How did you feel about the review I gave you?

A: I think its quite fair. It highlights things I haven't really noticed. My player base tend not to complain about things. It has certainly opened my eyes more and I am working on improving some of the things. Also, it tells me what I am doing right and such. Great feedback!

Q: Do you read place reviews? If so, who's?

A: I read most of the ones on this site. I do also write my own reviews, which I enjoy writing. I have a blog called Robloxia Today which is greatly inspired by you guys.

I had such an amazing interview with him, I learned a lot about him, maybe you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you