Sunday, July 6, 2014

Interview with Retexturers: 4th of July, Part 2

 Welcome to the second part of a two-part series where we interview retexturers who had their works published for the 4th of July sale 2014. Some of the retextures are still available as of writing so if you are quick you may be able to bag yourself a great holiday themed hat! In this interview I caught up with IndexFiles, TREVOR818730 and masterbeyblade21. 


IndexFiles
Member of RAOC
Publishes: 8 and 1/2 (Saphire Sparkle Time Faberge was a recolour of Ruby Faberge)
Item published: Patriot Locator Top Hat

IndexFiles













Q. This is not your first publish to the catalog, but how do you feel about this particular item being published on the 4th July?
Patriot Locator Top HatA. Rather odd, really. Seeing as how the locator series is, (in my opinion), a rather odd choice for a July 4th item... Oh well.

Q. What inspired you to retexture the popular locator top hat?

A. I just looked around for a hat in a semi-popular series I could turn into a patriotic item, and the idea just kinda stuck.

Q. Could you explain your design choices to me with regards to the colours and textures used? 
A. With the font aside, all it really is, is a recolor of the Awkward edition of the series. The colors were used to represent the American Flag (Red, white, and blue.).

Q. What font did you use on the arrow sign on the hat? Why did you use this font?
A. It's just a few 8-bit letters I created, one block at a time. It didn't take too long to make, honestly.

Q. What do you feel about your item being Limited U? Was it expected considering the last two in this top hat series? 
A. I expected it to be limited, and I expected it to fail, (unless it had around a 250 robux price tag), since the other editions in the series didn't make much (if any) profit whatsoever.



TREVOR818730
Member of RAOC and RN
Publishes: 8
Item published: Bald Eagle American Pirate

TREVOR818730

Q. This is not your first publish to the catalog, but how do you feel about this particular item being published on the 4th July?
Bald Eagle American PirateA. I think it came out great, and most people like it. Plus, it's my first 4th of July retexture to be published.

Q. What inspired you to retexture the parrot shoulder pet?
A. To be honest with you, it was the eagle for the Soldier in TF2 and the Parrot for the Demoman [that gave me my inspiration].

Q. Could you explain your design choices to me with regards to the colours and textures used? 
A. I wanted to mimic the feathers [of Bald Eagle's] as much as i could, i went to cloning the existing feather lines, but it didn't work out, so I moved to brush strokes, which did pretty well. The flag patch could have been darker, but overall it came out great.

Q. What do you feel about the price of your item and the quantity currently sold at this point of writing?
A. I think the price is decent since robux has become the main source of revenue. As for the stock, I think it should stay constantly put on sale every 4th of July.

Q. What tips would you give to other budding retexturers?
A. Don't let someone say you're not good enough, because you never know what you can do unless you do it.


masterbeyblade21
Member of RAOC
Publishes: 3
Item published: Wings of Freedom

masterbeyblade21

Wings of Freedom
Q.This is not your first publish to the catalog, but how do you feel about this particular item being published on the 4th July?
A. I am happy that I have made it to my third publish but I do feel this is not my best retexture and I could of done much better but I did make Wings of Freedom almost a year ago.

Q. What inspired you to retexture the popular faerie wings? 
A. After Indexfiles Valentines Fairy wings came out I got the idea to make fairy wings for different Holidays. I made wings for st.patricks day that also got taken by Brighteyes but not published so I decided to try again with a 4th of July theme.

Q. Could you explain your design choices to me with regards to the colours and textures used? 
A. Back when I made them I did not know how to do all the things I can now. But when making them I wanted to keep with the style the others have which is the designs inside then boarded off. 

Q. What do you feel about the price of your item and the quantity currently sold at this point of writing?
A. I feel the price could of been lower due to how blurry it gets when wearing more then 1 hat as all other hats but some are worse then others. I like the sells it has right now.


Thanks for reading this two-part series of interviews with published retextureres! Look out for future articles on retexturing and more two-part series here at Roblox News!

-Arbirator
Editor of Roblox News 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you