Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Discussion Article: Texture Copying

The Probably Most Extensive and Ranting Article You Will Ever Read

Sorry to start off my career with a worthless article, but let’s begin with a quote:
“Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.” 
You need to hear this article, no matter how boring it is. It is a growing problem in ROBLOXia.

First, take a look at this suit.
A great suit, right? It took me hours to make, painstakingly on paint.net.  But quote V, and “With so Much Chaos, someone will do something will do something stupid. And when they do, things will turn nasty.”
Now look at this suit.
I know what you’re thinking, V. “Your pretty empire took so long to build, now, with a snap of history’s fingers, down it goes.”
You are right.
I was outraged by this. I found it by taking a look at all my sales (I make many clothes, and when I’m sad I look at all the tickets I make) and clicking on a fashionable player who was wearing this suit. I peeked in his inventory for other RayMan36 statements, and out pooped that ‘thing.’ But being me, I decided to write. I wrote a letter much more formal than this, but what came back was no better than the item that I had a deal with in the first case. I’ll quote from ‘David’:
The 'Report Abuse' buttons are the best way to let us know about rule-breakers and bad content. They send Reports directly to our moderators and provide a way for us to keep track of repeat offenders so that further steps can be taken against their account.”
Duh. I already did that, although this character probably lived by the Faust quote: "I am the spirit that denies! And rightly so, because everything that arises is worth it perishes. "
He had disabled comments on his shirt, template, and did not let me send him a message. A coward. He knew he was copying, and paid no heed to it. But “Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember.”  This is a snowball effect. He is going to get the attention he deserves, or does not deserve. “Is it meaningless to apologize? 

Never.” 

I do have a slight solution to the problem. We could right click disable (like on RN), causing copying the image to be almost fruitless, unless someone screenshots the texture, but that would be really grainy.
The copier is not banned at the moment, but I do hope this article makes a dent in the arising issue. I realize that almost all of you readers have been stolen from sometime on ROBLOX and thank you for your time. “While a truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.” 


UPDATE: I believe that the copier ran out of BC, so the shirt is not on sale anymore.

England Prevails.




4 comments:

  1. Umm, This is kind of a PA to the copier

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could say that, but I really thought of it as just an everyday example of the copying problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a personal attack - edit it to censor his name, or it'll be removed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Updated. Also, the copier ran out of BC, so he can't sell the copied clothes anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Write your comment here... OR Flingi will eat you